How can Minus Paint help you?
We have come up with the answer that a lot of restorers haven’t, complete paint and rust removal from steel without damaging the shell. Simply deliver the parts, (stripped of all its mechanical parts and trim) to Minus Paint.
Depending on the amount of paint and body filler on the panels or body shell, it will take approximately 7-14 days to strip clean to bare metal. All body panels are thoroughly washed and flushed with a high-pressure steam cleaner after the stripping and de-rusting process.
Minus Paint now also offer the following services :
- Unique alkaline stripping process which removes all types of coating, sealers, under body coating, body fillers etc
- We can also strip non ferrous metals i.e aluminium, brass, copper and magnesium
- An overnight process using a formula which is designed to attack corrosion
- This process can be used for panels and body shells, avoiding the need for sand blasting and abrasive processes
- All panels are treated with rust inhibitor to prevent short term flush rusting
Pickling and Passivating
- We also offer a pickling and passivating service to our clients in the manufacturing industry
Etching and Protective Coating
- We protect all stripped and de-rusted products with top quality etch primer
- We also offer Bondrite 253 as an alternative coating, leaving a bare metal finish
- During our final stage we use a rust inhibiting chemical to prevent flash rusting of components internally and externally
Fabrication and Section Replacement
Although we don’t do restoration in-house we work closely with some of Adelaide’s best restoration companies and can help you on your restoration journey
Click here to get in contact with Minus Paint regarding any of these services for your upcoming restoration project.